Taproom Manager Job DescriptionDec 09, 2022
Taproom Manager or Taproom and Events Manager
Taproom Manager Duties include:
- Ensure customers are well served.
- Ensure taproom is adequately staffed.
- Ensure taproom is clean.
- Adhere to all policies and goals including accountability for cost control and profitability
- Responsible for leading all taproom staff, including the training on policies, service standards, TIPS training, POS system, and company vision and background information.
- Order and receive all products for the tasting room, marketing events, promotions, office, facilities, and production as needed
- Communication of tasting room and marketing events, providing details to ensure coordination between staff and brewery
- Keep up to date on LED and other regulation changes that effect our industry
- Upkeep, cleaning and maintenance of equipment and taproom facilities
- Ensure that daily and weekly posts are completed via social media as needed. Maintain social media outlets, phone greetings, website, email marketing, etc
- Responsible for coordinating outside and outside events.
- Maintain foodtruck schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Brewery Taproom Manager or Taproom and Events Manager
Taproom & Events Manager is charged with overseeing daily operations in the taproom, leading Front of House team members and ensuring all guests receive an unparalleled experience. The ideal candidate is committed to excellent service, is detail-oriented, can exercise judgement and work independently, and above all has very strong leadership skills and is ready to set the tone for the taproom staff. This position reports to the President.
Taproom Manager Responsibilites:
- Hiring, training and managing taproom staff.
- Maintain a clean, friendly and welcoming environment for all guests at all times.
- Completing weekly and monthly inventory tasks for production team.
- Forecast anticipated pull-through in the taproom, ordering cider as needed and communicating future needs to our production and sales teams.
- Managing the booking and coordination for all events hosted in the taproom and orchard while keeping a calendar of booked events.
- Creation and execution of Standard Operating Procedures for re-ordering needs and inventory stock levels.
- Daily Quality Control metrics to ensure optimal customer experience for all guests.
- Engaging customers, making sales, and answering questions.
- Proactive management of taproom performance and implement measures to ensure continued growth.
- Oversee key vendor partnerships.
- Ensure tracking and reporting procedures are in place and being followed.
- Participate on the leadership team, and maintain a proactive and dynamic line of communication between front of house staff and leadership teams.
- Assist the team as needed with special projects. This individual is expected to operate in a highly collaborative and constructive manner with all levels of the organization.
Taproom Manager Requirements:
- 21 years old or older.
- Knowledge and passion for cider and providing great service.
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Experience managing a front of house team, brewing industry experience preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, thorough attention to detail and a relentless drive to take initiative.
- Fervent work ethic and the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt to changing situations.
- Completed safe alcohol service training and Cicerone Certified Beer Server (or greater) a plus.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Full availability required.
All The Tools You Need To Build A Successful Taproom Business
Our Taproom Success Membership gives you the tools, resources, and support you need to manage and grow your taproom business. From fundamentals, to best practices, backed by data, and actionable strategies, the Taproom Success Membership fills the void of taproom educational opportunities.